I will also take this opportunity to brag about Chef's recognitions as one of the best newcomers to the Minneapolis scene from Drew Wood (of Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine).
Thursday, 10:00am. Uptown, Minneapolis. Working, coffee, and lingonberry scones at a wifi-less coffee shop. It’s good to have zero access to wifi sometimes but I’m already having anxiety thinking about all those unread news items in feedly. I need to be put on a technology diet. Do you ever feel that way?
I think your home is a good reflection of what you like and who you are. When it comes to interior design, I always considered myself an eclectic and minimalist. I hate knick knacks but I love gallery walls with a bunch of random shit. I love clean lines and bright white spaces but I do love obnoxious pops of color. For us, the kitchen is the center of the home because it’s so important to the way we live our lives: I would love a big kitchen with exposed shelving, big windows, cozy chairs, and stainless steel everywhere (although I do love butcher block counters). Even though the home kitchen is where most chefs spend the least amount of time (I mean, why would you if you cook all day and you have a restaurant kitchen full of gadgets?), I’m always curious to see how the famous chefs live when they are at home.
A delightful salad, sweet red beets are pair perfectly with crumbled creamy goat cheese and your favorite choice of nuts (I used pistachio but you can choose from pistachio, walnuts or pecans). The final touch is a light drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a dash of sea salt. I went for the deconstructed look and scatter the ingredients on a serving dish.
Breakfast in Bed? How about Honey Vanilla Creme French Toast
Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Squares - Thank you for posting this “SheJustGotMarried.com”
Leave it to SeductionMeals to make cheesecake sexy. Terry, author of SeductionMeals says….”Satisfy your cheesecake craving with these bite-sized treats. A tempting sweet that you can finger feed each other for your next Seduction Meal, Chocolate-Covered Cheesecake Squares. Dipped in chocolate, these sweet, creamy delights are party favorites. But be warned…you won’t be able to eat just one”.
Seduction Meals is about food + romance and the premise that everyone should learn to master one dish that is their signature dish—a Seduction Meal, to enchant and captivate that special someone in your life…
I think I’m going to choose this one as my signature dish……
Chocolate-Covered Cheesecake Squares
Prep: 1 hour Bake: 35 min. + freezing
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) Kraft Philadelphia® - Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- /2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil and grease the foil. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans and butter. Press into prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until chilled. Freeze overnight.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Using foil, lift cheesecake out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut into 49 squares. Remove a few pieces at a time for dipping; keep remaining squares refrigerated until ready to dip.
- Using a toothpick, completely dip squares, one at a time, in melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; spoon about 1 teaspoon chocolate over each. (Reheat chocolate if needed to finish dipping.) Let stand for 20 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Yield: 49 squares.
Smoked Sea Salt Baked Sardines
What you will need:
3 cups black sea salt, finely ground
3 cups smoked sea salt, finely ground
3 pounds fresh sardines (about 12 large)
12 small sprigs fresh thyme
12 leaves lemon verbena
12 large sage leaves, halved lengthwise
Jalapeño Poppers 5 Star Junk Food with Mango and Grapefruit Salsa Crème